Monday, April 20, 2015

Welcome to the Blog!

A quick introduction..
             I am 13 years old, and my name is Fiona. I am a Lolita 
girl at heart and I am here to help other Lolita's in my age group (maybe even a little younger or older even!) prosper and properly embrace the Lolita fashion (and not be an 'ita'- Poser).
                   I live in Texas, and I can assure you that there are absolutely no Lolitas where I am. In all honesty, it's pretty depressing, especially for a girl like me who has anti-lolita parents. If you have anti-lolita parents, then I fully relate to you! And you may ask, "How are you Lolita if your parents don't allow it?" Well, there's many loopholes you have to find and use to become a Lolita girl with the restrictions that I endure.
                  If you are new to Lolita, you may be wondering, What is LolitaLolita fashion is a fashion subculture originating in Japan that is based on Victorian-era clothing, but the style has expanded greatly beyond Japan. Another example of Victorian-era clothing is Steampunk. There are many different styles that reside in Lolita fashion, this includes

- Gothic Lolita (dark colors, mainly black)

- Sweet Lolita (bright pastels, lots of sweets and 'kawaii' things)

- Casual Lolita (Not over the top, sticks to more 'kawaii' things)

- Hime Lolita ('Royal' Lolita, lots of regal things)

- Shiro Lolita (White Lolita, everything you'd wear is white)

- Classic Lolita (Sticks to traditional Victorian-era styles)

- Country Lolita (More old-fashioned conservative Lolita, with lots of flowers)

- Sailor Lolita (Just as the name says, just sailor cute stuff)

- Wa Lolita (Traditional Japanese clothing inspired)

- Punk Lolita (Just as the name says, punk rock meets Lolita)

- Ero Lolita (Darker colors, more of a mature 'sexy' Lolita)

- Kodona Lolita (Black and white, more traditional)

- Aristocrat Lolita (Sticks to the Victorian style and has mainly dark colors and long                                               Dresses)


              It seems like a lot, and it really is, but there are so many different sub-styles of 
Lolita, that there's a style for just about everyone! After doing a bit of research, there has to be at least one type of Lolita that you like! 
                           I'll show you a few examples of some Lolita things you may be able to wear to school as a young girl (DOES NOT INCLUDE ERO LOLITA)







This is a good outfit to wear to school, it's cute, and a bit of classic, but it's mainly casual Lolita.




More of a sweet Lolita, it could use a blouse underneath, but it's still good!




This one is perfect for school, and it's very nice casual/sweet Lolita.



Now that you've learned a bit about the fashion, me, and a couple cute outfits you can wear, I hope you have a better view of Lolita, and that you continue to follow my posts and enjoy my blog!


-XOXO
             Fiona 

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment